Monday, March 5, 2007

Shadow world

Of all the days for me to slack off slightly, I'm sorry it's this one. I was unexpectedly called into work at the newspaper (yeah, for real money) and could only manage this sort of glorified doodle during the evening. But it speaks to an idea that's been niggling at me for a few months now; drawing shadows of things. Shadows of things I don't recognize, or shadows of things that aren't in the picture, or shadows of things that I only think I see. I've been examining the shadows of trees in bright sunlight, and then when the sun is low in the sky... how they get sort of purple and gray and diffuse. I think the shadows can be rich in texture and color, maybe even teeming with life of their own; windows into a dimension only slightly removed from this one.

1 comment:

Hal Weaver said...

You are making me notice shadows and really look at them. Will you do an animation inspired by your shadowy research?

OK HW