Saturday, March 24, 2007

Milwaukee mural

More from Milwaukee: lots of time for just drawing. This small piece reads really big to me, it's just pen and ink, but what if it was big oil stick on canvas, breaking out of its edges and wrapping around corners?
Today I've been pondering the idea of culture, pop culture, and considering the extent to which one (me, I guess) is connected with the present... does living in the present mean embracing the current scene? That can't always be... well, I've been perusing ARTnews, "The New Abstraction" and trying to figure out, well, everything. The very breath of art changes from hour to hour: sweet, bold, less sweet, stale, sour, downright offensive, done-in, worn-out, dead, bloat, float, comin' round, waking up, reaffirming, reasserting, sweet...

No comments: