Thursday, March 15, 2007

Leap

Okay, there's loads to be said here, both pro and con. This drawing was made in the car yesterday, driving home from Pittsburgh. It's a record of sorts, of the experience (the unending hell of driving the interstates for 7 or 8 hours, fast food, bad food, suspect toilets and radio stations that fuzz out during my favorite song) of living on the road for a day or so. I let the pen make its own way across the paper for long long stretches, then found myself making odd I-don't-know-what little pictures. Boredom? Could be. It's part map, part time lapse, part meaningless, part meaningful... What, I ask myself, is new and exciting about this? Yeah, I think it's been done before by somebody, maybe everybody else. But at the moment it holds some kind of seed for me.
Tomorrow I travel much of the day (by air this time) up to Milwaukee, and will make another one.

No comments: