Sunday, January 28, 2007

Who am I?

I have an old cat whose bone structure I know quite well from all that lap time over the years. A fine-edged shoulder blade poking out or the way her vertebrae travel down her tail to its tip, the bumpy fragile shape of her skull.
Today my husband brought me a big dead bird from the beach, I'd been wanting one to draw from. Much of the body, or the icky part anyway, is gone, though I am mostly interested in the wings. Right now it's hanging from a tree out back. I look forward to tomorrow.
So, bones and tails and horns and feathers can be combined and rearranged in infinite ways. I can be the architect of my own little universe.
Oh, and I took a break today from the big wall drawing... it's beginning to scare me, but I'll post something more substantial on it tomorrow. CIAO.

No comments: