Monday, January 15, 2007

Secret

This small drawing addresses several of my current concerns... First I am working with natural, "clean" materials. That's one of the reasons I generally work on recycled paper, my own or somebody else's. I resist sculpture and anything that promises to outlive me or clutter up the universe. Well, sometimes I weave vines or knit grasses, but they'll go back to where they came from.
This process (I won't share my secret just now) lends itself really well to the flow of my subconsconsious mind. Ideas, images and memories ebb and flow, surface and reveal themselves, then recede and fade away. And, it works pretty well with my animation process. It's not much of a leap to envision the focusing and refocusing of various parts of the image over time, appearing and disappearing. My Web Site will soon display a couple of clips from my recent animations: "Clutterpool" and "empty/full".

1 comment:

Hal Weaver said...

Wonderful image and I know how you made it, nana-boo-boo. I think you've made a good start here with your blog. Keep it up.

OK HW