Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Large drawing on small paper

My favorite part of this drawing is the sort of tank at lower right that contains two amoebas (for their safety or everybody elses?). Other wise I'm digging the contrast between this and the previous post, those two little portraits against this epic battle scene.
Tomorrow we head up to New York for the opening of the juried show at the Bowery Gallery. I am so psyched. Here's a link to yesterday's article in The Sun; Alix Finkelstein interviewed juror Jed Perl about the show: http://www.nysun.com/arts/standing-fast-at-the-bowery-gallery/82764/
And here's the gallery Web site: www.bowerygallery.org
Links to my blog posts containing the two drawings in this show: O Tannenbaum
and Here's another one

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Janet-
Have a great time at your Bowery debut. I'll have a glass of wine and pretend I'm there with you guys!

Cheers!
Foust

David Howard said...

Great use of positive and negative space and again the suggestion of a skeleton and other mysterious but strangely reminiscent objects.