Monday, March 3, 2008

Earthworms

OK, I'm changing the title of this blog from Daily Drawing to Weekly Drawing... no I'm not. But I'd best figure out how to squeeze a lot more drawing time from my days. Granted it's been hectic lately - working a lot and trying to be a more contributing member of my community. But why is it always the best things I do that fall off the back of the plate first? Bah!
So, I'm posting this piece before its time. It needs more shadow, more hidden, secretive bits. It needs to look less like bound and gagged earthworms, and more like 'I don't know what this is I can't quite see it but I can't stop trying to figure it out'.
Of course there's that flip side voice in my head that says stop being a control freak and let it be...
I'm just thinking of Gerhard Richter, who would make a perfectly clear painting and then smear it with a big brush, make its depiction ambiguous, allow for mystery and other interpretations ...

No comments: