Sunday, March 30, 2008

Bite-sized pieces

Here I begin work on a 60-part drawing of the trees at the end of my block. I've been passing by this small stand of live oaks for years as they gnarl and grow twisting away from the wind off the Bay.
In figuring out how to make a large drawing over time, I've divided the image up into 60 6x6" squares. I hope to finish up one each day in ink pen on vellum. I can see they will not be completed chronologically, but according to which one strikes me today and also, how much time I have to work on them.
This first one is No.23 and took about 3.5 hours to make.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Dearest Janet,

Hayden found the address for your blog in his wallet today so I we took a look at your stuff- and it is wonderful to see and read your comments. I feel inspired, and hope you are doing well in Virginia. Say Hello to Hal for me.
-Melissa Rioux