Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Small worlds


Today is a day for organization, archiving and 'show entering.' These are three recent pieces in a series called "Soil Sample." (You can see a couple of others in the March 12 and April 5, 2011 posts)

As usual, some more successful than others – the reason I like to work in series. Underdrawings of ink pen were layered with paraffin, china marker and a few bits of color to ponder again the worlds of fragments that make up everything.

I like how the drawings seem to be progressing from passive, floating environments to more active, almost battlefield-like scenes.

Soil Sample III, IV and V
Ink pen china marker, paraffin and crayon on paper, 14" x 11"

3 comments:

Hal Weaver said...

I love the music of these pieces. Well done!

Casey said...

Yay show entries! Keep us posted.

rememberforgiveevolve said...

Whenever I look at art, I always determine how it makes me feel by the memories of past experiences that it invokes. With Soil Sample IV, the first thing I thought of was traditional Japanese art finger waves. It looks nothing like them, yet somehow still has striking similarities...go figure?!