Saturday, September 6, 2008

Plain weave

It's so great to have a day to putter in the studio.
I wondered what would happen to a drawing if I shredded it and then put it back together – deconstructed and made again (I am nothing if I am not literal). Take it a step farther and shred it in both directions, then weave.
It's got everything: hands working a repetitive, meditative process; craft; pixel-like blurring at the edges (very beautiful effect I think); dimension.
Click here to see what it looked like when I first posted it on Nov. 11.

3 comments:

Hal Weaver said...

That is very cool.

OK HW

Foust said...

Really like this a lot, Janet . . . and my name isn't even "weave."

Cheers!
Foust

Anonymous said...

Janet, I wish I could explain why I love this so much. The texture and meander of the tear is perfect. You blow my mind! -- Sam