Thursday, May 17, 2007

Rip van Winkle ...

... wakes up from several days in dreamland. The idea that I've missed some days here, and not posted a drawing since Sunday, surprises me. I didn't know this would happen. What was I thinking?? Not thinking.
So, try to let go of my own expectation. Let drawing unfold as it will. Which, mostly it does. Dry spells can serve as a regrouping, recharging, re-energizing time. Today I feel I want to make drawings like I have never made before. Whenever that comes to mind, new work usually happens.
But, just now, I'm on my way out the door to work. My pea brain is working on a plan for a new animation, beginning with a story. This story must be subtle, enigmatic and smart. A bit of humor would be great, and an ambiguous ending. Dialogue? Maybe a few words here and there. I suspect that my Tai chi man will make a cameo appearance...
And blah blah blah. This is another addition to the ink/stick drawing series. Something slightly different about it...

1 comment:

Hal Weaver said...

I love that drawing, reminds me of Breadsley for some reason. Great to have your blog back.

OK HW