Monday, January 23, 2012

Often on the edge

I woke up this morning thinking about where everything meets everything else ... like, where the dirt meets the grasses that reach up and seem to change into the sky. This happens so easily in a drawing, probably not so easily in the organic world. But I can almost feel how one skin cell might stretch and reach out to become a shadow of a skin cell or a particle of night.

I love first waking, when everything seems possible and OK.

Pencil, paraffin, china marker and crayon on paper. 9" x12"

3 comments:

Aardvark Farmer said...

I love how your work has a 3-D feel even though it initially looks so random!

Anonymous said...

Hmmm. I love your honest introspection! Of course, I'm such a fatalist, I think of dirt and grass as symbolic of the final sleep which is eternal! I love this drawing, and your fertile (!) creative mind.
-Sam

Hal Weaver said...

The edge, the place where one thing meets another, is where art and life is found. Thank you for helping me realize that...