Friday, August 10, 2007

On the verge of being scary

Here's another of the slightly bigger drawings I've been bringing along this summer... again, it's two types of pens, the V5 very black and opaque, a cheap ball point used on top of that. They call it black, but it's gray with a purple/red cast to it in certain light. Last night I couldn't sleep, so got up and worked. Something so peaceful about drawing in the quiet darkness. Even a vaguely disturbing subject like this one loses its sharp edge, drifts silent and benign.
So, except for insomniac nights, I've no time to draw this past week and it hurts. I've acquired a huge bottle of ink and am dying to open it up. Will be out of town now until Wednesday Aug. 15, and hope to have something to post by then. I can feel the summer slipping by too quickly.

1 comment:

Foust said...

Helllloooooo---

Anybody home?
I miss my moment of daily drawing zen.

Cheers!
Foust