Monday, July 16, 2007

Lesson for Today

Driving to work in my truck, I was listening to Fresh Air. Their film critic- at-large, John Powers was reviewing a release of two old films by French director Chris Marker: La Jetee and Sans Soleil.
He talked about Marker, now in his 80s, as a man who makes films about all the parts of his life – experience, history, politics, travel, mystery.
And then he called Marker the precursor, or 'gold standard', of 21st-century blogging. It's not enough to put down our thoughts, ideas, photos, video and drawings... we must also be reflective; we must connect our ideas; document the way we live now.
I think he was talking to me. I know the threads of connection are here. I know I want to discover them. But I get lazy. I forget that the recording of living is important.
Here's a link to that interview:
http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=12004490&sc=emaf


No comments: