Tuesday, February 6, 2007

Today this is my favorite drawing

I don't always post my most favorite drawing. It's often not the best drawing. If I like one too much I am suspicious. And lately I've been having that ole "what is beauty anyway?" argument in my head. An artist struggles to make art that has meaning; often for me meaning can preclude beauty. And then of course no one wants to hang the work in their dining room... horrors.
This drawing seems to cover all the bases for me, today anyway. I like how floaty and light it is. And I like the mystery of it. At the same time, I find it difficult to put words to it.

1 comment:

Hal Weaver said...

Wonderful. I too like this piece and really like this particular style. I think the strong soft shapes and balanced tonal range create a calming visual rhythm that makes this piece 'friendly'.

OK HW